Parasitic diseases are a fairly large group of pathological processes. Diseases in this group are caused by pathogens that multiply and live in a person. Parasites in the body can represent 300 species of different classes. The causative agents of parasitic disease can be arthropods, protozoa, pathogenic bacteria, unicellular and multicellular parasites.
Before cleansing the body of parasites, you must be sure that they are present and that they are caused by the activity of pathological processes. Therefore, the question of how to find out if there are parasites in the body makes sense. To do this, it is worth contacting doctors who will conduct special research to ensure the detection of an unwanted neighborhood.
Parasites are removed only after the results of the study confirm the presence of the disease. It should be understood that only doctors know how to clean the body of parasites in each specific situation, because the individual characteristics of the patient, the degree of development of the invasion and many other factors are taken into account.
The pharmaceutical market offers a large number of drugs that can eliminate parasites. However, we must not forget that this or that drug may be weak against certain types. In addition, the treatment of parasites should be comprehensive. This is another factor that shows that only one doctor knows how to treat each patient.
Not only synthetic drugs but also antibiotics can be used to fight worms. The duration of the course of treatment and the dose of medication are calculated individually by the attending physician based on the results of laboratory tests and the characteristics of the patient.
Fighting parasites in the body often guarantees a positive prognosis after the end of the course of treatment. Exceptions are large parasites and significant damage to internal organs.
No, this is a wrong tactic. First, different parasitic infections respond to different treatments.
Second, prevention of infection is more important than treatment to prevent the effects of parasitic infections.
If a person continues to come into contact with the source of infection, the effect of treatment lasts only a few days or weeks. But if the contact stops, many parasites die without treatment.
There are many microorganisms on Earth - both beneficial and harmful. The latter include worms and other parasites. The majority of people living with such pests are children. They are the most susceptible to infection because babies are not yet able to monitor their hygiene carefully.
In addition, the child does not realize all the dangers of the consequences of infection. At best, the pest will not have time to harm the health of children, and at worst it is fatal. In the first case, if the parasite in the child's body is recognized in time, it is said that there is time to get rid of it without harm to health.
There are more than 300 species of parasites in the modern world, all of which are incredibly robust and highly adapted to the environment. It is not always easy to treat a child from such pests. However, it will be easier to do this when the infection is recognized in the first days.
Many harmful microorganisms can live in a child's body for several weeks without leaving themselves. But if you look closely, you will see the following symptoms:
- At the beginning of the infection, the child's weight stays in place for a long time and then begins to decrease rapidly;
- The baby often suffers from constipation or diarrhea. Many mothers believe that the cause of this symptom is nutrition. Supposedly the child ate something wrong. But if you eliminate this "bad" product from the diet and the stomach upset remains the same - this is a clear sign of the presence of a parasite in the body of a child;
- Constant gas and bloating. It is important to monitor your child's well-being to prevent serious complications
- sleep disorder. Here mothers can find another reason - the growth of teeth. But there is also a seizure - more often the child sleeps peacefully during the day, at night it is worried about itching and discomfort in the anus. In this condition, even children may have enterobiasis;
- The baby suffers from pain in the muscles and joints. An experienced and attentive mother will identify such a sign as touching her child;
- Children often have a cough that is not treated with any medications and folk remedies. In advanced cases, chlamydial pneumonia looks like this. Only when the parasites have healed will the baby stop worrying about such a symptom.
Harmful microorganisms are able to quickly assimilate in the baby's body. Toxins poison the blood and the larvae look for a more suitable organ to settle on. Poisoning of the body, parasites cause the appearance of many diseases and a decrease in the functioning of the immune system in general. Therefore, in the first days of infection, it is important to start treatment to help the child avoid serious consequences.
- Tansy decoction enema. Pour a tablespoon of tansy flowers in half a liter of boiling water. Boil the mixture for about ten minutes. Then strain, leaving only the broth. Enemas with this essence once a day;
- Bitter wormwood infusion. Pour a tablespoon of dried wormwood in a glass of boiling water. Leave to stand for 4 hours. A child needs to be treated with such a tool three times a day, a teaspoon of tincture inside. You should drink 30 minutes before meals;
- Onion-based infusion. Finely chop a medium fresh onion and pour boiling water (200 ml). Insist for about 12 hours. Take 100 ml of this drug once a day. Do not stop treatment for four days;
- A remedy made from citrus seeds and honey. The following mixture will help the child to get rid of parasites: mix one teaspoon of lemon seeds with honey (two teaspoons should not be too much). Eat the essence on an empty stomach. Fast for another two hours and repeat the treatment procedure. You should take any laxative ten minutes after the last dose.
- Mix flax seeds and cloves in a ratio of 10/1. Take 3 grams of dry mixture for every 7 kg of baby weight for three days in a row. Then you need a break of three days and repeat the treatment procedure. Therapy should be carried out within a month;
- Dry the pomegranate peel and turn it into crumbs (you can use a blender or coffee grinder). The agent should be taken 12 teaspoons before meals;
- Turn two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds into corn and eat the whole mixture on an empty stomach in the morning. Drink a laxative an hour after use.
- Pour boiling water over fresh nettle, make the infusion strong. Take two tablespoons of the remedy three times a day;
- Drink melon pulp juice in the abdomen every day. Such a folk remedy for lamblia in children helps.
All appointments are made by a doctor only. The specialist will send the patient for tests, and then he will show what kind of parasite lives in the child's body and what the rate of reproduction is. According to the information received, this patient is prescribing a drug suitable for a sick child.
The most important preventive measure was hygiene and is still considered. Children often fall on the street and often eat unwashed vegetables or fruits. It is the responsibility of parents to teach family members to pay more attention to the cleanliness of their hands and the food they eat. But that is not the end of the matter.
Pets should also be monitored and preventive measures should be taken to prevent pets from becoming infected with the parasite. Prevention here is to give the necessary pills several times a year to cleanse the body. If the pet is safe, the child is less likely to be infected.
How parasites can enter the body
Often a person thinks about how to determine if there are parasites in the body, then the health condition can already be seriously impaired. The problem of parasitism is underestimated in society and is not emphasized in preventive medicine as we would like. Humans tend to eliminate signs of damage to the body by uninvited guests unless the vital activity of the parasites affects their normal health.
In order to recognize a parasite enemy in time and successfully get rid of it, you need to know the main signs of its presence in the body.
Parasites are various life forms that survive in the host's body. Human parasites live on the surface of the skin, can infect mucous membranes, internal organs and cells, and feed on tissues and blood. While constantly poisoning the human body with the products of its vital activities, they rob the owner by ingesting food.
Types of parasites according to the habitat in the human body:
- Endoparasites are lower animal and plant organisms that live inside the host. These are helminths (worms), lamblia, toxoplasma, echinococcus, parasitic protozoa and other organisms. This category includes viruses, fungi and bacteria.
- Ectoparasites are parasites that live on the surface of the body, in the environment, and feed on blood and human tissue cells. The most common lice, bedbugs, ticks, fleas, candied fish, as well as dipterans (mosquitoes, gadflies, flies).
It is very simple to determine the defeat of the human body by ectoparasites, because their activity is often characterized by obvious symptoms:
- pain at the bite site;
- the presence of a visible bite or penetrating wound.
Diagnostic analysis is performed using visual identification or a microscope (magnification under a microscope).
Ectoparasites are more difficult to find, because during evolution, internal "parasites" have learned to feel great and to carry out destructive work on the host's body, practically not showing themselves. In particular, this ability can boast of protozoa and helminths (worms), man's oldest companions, insidious and dangerous neighbors.
How do you recognize a parasite in your body? What to look for?
External manifestations of parasitic invasion include:
- Different types of allergic reactions are expressed by: rash; itching; hives; Quincke's edema; temperature.
- Disorders of the digestive system (vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, indigestion, saliva).
- Skin lesions (eczema, ulcers, dermatitis, papillomas, acne, pimples).
- Pale skin and mucous membranes.
- Cosmetological problems (broken nails, cut hair ends, seborrhea, extremely dry skin, hair loss, premature wrinkles).
- Weight jumps. There is a general weakening of the body and metabolic disorders, obesity due to the desire for sweets, as well as a decrease in body weight due to malnutrition and loss of appetite.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome characterized by general fatigue, drowsiness, insomnia, weakness, decreased concentration and memory impairment.
- Persistent headaches caused by intoxication of the body.
- Bruxism (teeth grind in sleep). This symptom manifests itself in most children.
- Swelling of the hands and feet.
- Intermittent cough without other symptoms.
- Pain in muscles and joints of unknown etiology.
- Nervous diseases. Parasites often cause depression, anxiety, restlessness, irritability.
The degree of allergy depends on the location of the parasite in the body, contact with tissues and organs, as well as the amount of toxins released.
It is equally important to know the obvious signs of helminths in the body:
- Intestinal disorders (constipation, diarrhea, bloating, flatulence, spasms, irritable bowel syndrome, oily stools, discoloration of stools). Worms in the human body can reach significant sizes, so they physically block the movement of feces, disrupting the function of other organs (bile ducts, etc. ).
- Itching in the perineum and anus.
- Visual detection of helminths in the folds of the anus.
- Presence of helminthic invasion in vomiting.
Helminth symptoms can be observed in all family members, which greatly simplifies the diagnosis.
The number of parasitic organisms reaches 300, their impact on health and the consequences of their presence in the body vary significantly. Many species of parasites living in humans can symbiosis with each other. Therefore, when one pathogen is found in the body, it is necessary to conduct research to identify the other.
Types of parasites that often infect the human body
The human body is the most populated:
- angur worms;
- bull set up a ribbon;
- wide ribbon;
- pig tapeworm;
Helminths are the common name for worms that live in living organisms. Just worms. They are classified according to the following types: tapeworms (cystodes), flukes (trematodes) and roundworms (nematodes). The most common type of helminth is roundworms.
They are round and live mainly in the intestine, in different parts. Some representatives, such as Trichinella, can migrate anywhere in the body. The intestine is the main place for the life of roundworms. Representatives of tapeworms - cattle and pork worms, broad-leaved, echinococcus. The size of the considered parasites can reach several meters in length. Some begin to develop outside the human body.
For example, bovine and pork worms enter the intestines at an intermediate stage. Flukes can be located in different organs. They feed on blood cells, in addition to intestinal contents, mucus, etc. Their length reaches half a meter. These include liver and cat flukes, schistosomes, etc. Includes. According to the type of development, helminths are divided into biohelminths, geohelminths and contact parasites.
Biohelminths undergo maturation and development in animal organisms. These include, for example, toxocariasis, bovine and pork worms, and so on. Soil - Geohelminths Habitat Geohelminths grow in soil. And they enter a person through the skin or by swallowing. These include many species of roundworms.
Giardia enters the body through unwashed hands, fruits or vegetables. These parasites belong to the flagellate class and are microscopic in size. Sometimes their presence is not noticeable, because there is no significant change or damage. The hook worm can be easily removed by walking on the ground with bare feet. The infection will manifest itself as skin irritation, rash on the legs. The parasite can enter the internal organs and then act like an ascaris.
Pinworm prefers a child's body. This parasite lives in the small and large intestines, causing the child to lose his appetite, increase fatigue, and irritate the anus. The parasite lays eggs in underwear and skin wrinkles. If dirty hands are transmitted by children through toys, dishes, canvases, they penetrate the body.
Humans get toxocars from cats or dogs. The eggs of these parasites, which grow up to 30 centimeters in adulthood, enter the soil along with the animal's feces. They can survive for many years. Then parasites can enter the body through dirty hands or objects contaminated with soil, do not leave. They spread easily through organs and systems inside a person.
Echinococcus or alveococci can be transmitted from animals. Another option for infection is the use of unwashed vegetables and fruits. The larvae of these parasites, which spread through the bloodstream, are especially dangerous. Cysts can be caused by:
- in the brain
- liver in the lymphatic system
- ; In the kidneys
Ascaris is more common in humans than other parasites. The source of infection is unwashed hands, dirty water, soil. In a human being, ascaris can extend up to about 40 centimeters by penetrating the liver, brain, capillaries, lungs, eyes, and intestinal mucosa. Ascaris food is a necessary food for the human body, erythrocytes. Consequences of parasite presence:
- problems with the digestive system;
- If the larvae are able to enter the lungs, skin or respiratory tract - neurodermatitis, asthma, convulsions or arthritis;
- Some symptoms - fever, similar to a cold.
It looks like a wide ribbon worm - it passes into a person through a raw fish. The parasite can grow up to ten meters by bending inside a person. When infected, they are:
- stomach pains;
- increased fatigue;
- nausea (especially in the morning).
Skin blemishes or roughness, premature wrinkles and baldness, acne should be aware. Cracks in the heels, problems with the nails will attract attention - signs of parasites in the body can be a sign of the presence of microorganisms in the digestive system. These can be Trichomonas, lamblia.Symptoms of microorganisms in men can be cystitis, prostatitis, sand and stones in the bladder and kidneys, adenoma, impotence. Infection with some parasites can damage the brain and affect future generations. Manifestations of microorganisms in women may include:
- pain during menstruation;
- violation of the period;
- inflammation of the ovaries;
- fibrocystic breast disease;
- adrenal inflammation;
- kidney and bladder problems;
I have to take antiparasitic drugs to prevent it
To protect yourself from parasitic invasion, you must follow the rules:
- It is good to wash everything used for food - vegetables, fruits, meat.
- Follow the recommended cooking times - avoid popular dishes with half-cooked fish and bloody meat.
- Monitor your pet's health by getting the necessary parasites regularly. Do not come into contact with unknown animals.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, following all the rules.
- Do not eat ready-made products from suspicious points.
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- When repelling picnics, entering the forest, use repellents to scare away insects and parasite carriers. Treat garden areas from mosquitoes, gnats.
- Do not drink water from questionable sources, including tap water.
- After the helminths are removed, if an infection occurs, you need to strengthen your immune system as it weakens.
Parasites are people's constant neighbors and companions. It is often impossible to prevent infection. You should contact a specialist for help at the first symptoms of an unhealthy organism. Early detection of parasitic invasion will help prevent serious organ damage.
When prescribing antiparasitic drugs, you must complete a full course of treatment. We must not forget that folk remedies against parasites are not only poisonous and dangerous for helminths.
How do you know if there are parasites in the human body? Symptoms of infection were discussed above, but now let's talk about the diagnosis. The following tests are recommended to confirm or deny the existence of helminths:
- Analysis for worm eggs - several tests with different fecal cycles will be required;
- sputum - this will detect the larvae of the pulmonary stage of ascariasis;
- immunological tests - allow the detection of larval ascariasis;
- iridology - here covers the visual and digestive organs, as some species of helminths live there;
- vegetative resonance test - is considered the most reliable because it shows the stage of development of "neighbors" and allows to identify about 40 types of parasites that can be present in the human body.
There are several ways to help confirm the presence of parasites in the home:
- For children.Helps identify pinworms. Potassium permanganate is weakly diluted in a glass bowl, then a piece of cotton wool is dipped in and kept until brown. Then it is dried. At night, vegetable oil is rubbed into the patient's anus, then dried cotton wool is applied. To straighten such a tampon, the canvas must be tight. If there are white spots on the wool in the morning, it is a clear sign of the presence of pinworms.
- For adults. You should take 6-7 teaspoons a day. ground coffee, washed down with plain water. The next morning you have to go to the toilet for a long time. If white "oat brushes" are observed on the water, it is also a sign of female pinworms.
These home remedies will only identify a specific type of helminth that lives in the gut. Others need professional diagnostics.
Confirmation of the presence of parasites may take some time, and this does not mean that the doctor did not judge by any test. It is important to follow all the doctor's recommendations during this period, and under no circumstances should you treat yourself. Many people start taking various pills without knowing that such drugs act only on larvae and only if they do not migrate.
- to follow the rules of personal hygiene;
- check regularly for parasites;
- keep the house clean;
- heat treat food that may be a source of contamination;
- Wash vegetables, herbs and fruits before eating;
- Monitor your pet's health.
If you always follow these rules, you may not need to clean the body of parasites.
Parasitic disease is a big problem. Migration in the body and damage to the tissues of the internal organs, vital activity can lead to many destructive processes and unpleasant consequences. Removal of parasites from the body should be carried out only under the supervision of the attending physician, under strict supervision, as antiparasitic therapy is quite toxic. To make the treatment as effective as possible, it is worth considering many additional factors that only a doctor can know.